My Opinion of a Web Designer Responsibilities
I believe that a good and talented Web Designer, should
possess the following qualities / traits
(job responsibilities) . . .
- Design and develop conceptual design, layout, and graphic production for
- Invent, simplify and innovate a web site experience.
- Strive to create simple and intuitive solutions that are effective and
- Design solutions that can be scaled to known and existing business needs;
but also for the future, and even yet-unidentified uses.
- Deliver and manage daily creative assets for website, mobile and tablet
- Have a strong design, color and type sensibility.
- Develop seasonal and creative strategies working with other Department
Managers and Development Teams.
- Solve problems from a user-centered perspective, always stepping back to
understand the customer needs and desires at all times.
- Continually evaluate/monitor the website for branding and easy
user-navigation for the website customers.
- Refined aesthetic and sense of style relating to design in the various
markets which server our clients/customer needs.
- Contribute to the overall customer communications strategy and special
- Interface with cross functional teams to develop and implement creative
solutions for desktop, mobile and tablet based daily events and advertising
- Partner with management and others to understand and anticipate future
business changes and challenges and proactively develop, present and lead new
- Manage outsourcing production resources if needed.
- Continue to move forward in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge.
Do not suffer from “analysis paralysis".
- Be a strong conceptual thinker who is focused on customer experience.
- May fail quickly, but will correct the mistake and deliver fast results,
while always continuing to improve.
- Have a multi-disciplinary problem solving ability with effective
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, solve complex problems while
maintaining flexibility in fast-paced environment.
- The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical
skills; the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts
clearly and persuasively across all business units.
- A willingness and desire to re-examine what you know in order to
continually challenge your creativity in a high touch environment.